High performing administrative professionals demonstrate a number of key behaviors in the workplace. These are broadly referred to as “competencies.” The ELEVATE Admins program strives to elevate the admin’s mastery of the following skill groups.
The personal characteristics that make an individual successful
The foundational competencies required for satisfactory performance
- Organization: The ability to maintain control over your physical environment.
- Time Management: The ability to determine appropriate allocation of time.
- Communication: The ability to interact appropriately with others.
- Customer Service: The ability to deliver value to those you serve.
- Computers/Technology: The ability to utilize expertise with necessary work equipment.
The master-level competencies required for elevated performance
- Big Picture Understanding: The ability to interpret the broad business environment.
- Problem Solving and Process Improvement: The ability to identify and implement ways to achieve greater impact.
- Decision-Making and Judgment: The ability to choose the appropriate course of action.
- Anticipation of Needs: The ability to be proactive.
- Adaptability & Agility: The ability to swiftly and productively adjust course.
The program includes a comprehensive competency assessment tool for participants to identify their key areas of strength and opportunities for growth. This tool is also provided for executives to complete. Assistants and executives are encouraged to compare their results to better understand one another’s perceptions.
The broad skillsets that enhance long-term career sustainability and fulfillment
- Teamwork: Collaborate with others to enhance outcomes
- Leadership: Influence others positively
- Self-Management: Work autonomously with confidence
- Career Ownership: Take responsibility for your own professional growth, advancement and development
The program addresses a variety of key factors for success, including but not limited to:
- Stress Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Communication Styles
- Professional Presence and Etiquette
- Attitude and Motivation
Please note: The competency model offers a lot of room for customization. While this serves as an overall roadmap for the curriculum, the specific topic areas within each competency are always adapted to meet the needs of your team and organization.